Learning and Harnessing Psychic Abilities in Your Everyday Life
Everyone is psychic. What a person can or cannot do is not an indication of your true abilities. However, intuition is interesting. The more you listen to it the more feedback it will give you. Therefore, you really need to practice trusting your intuition, paying attention to the way your unconscious mind tells you information. For some it is a simple knowing in the quiet moments of meditation. For others it may be a gut feeling or a body sensation. The unconscious mind can use any of your senses to communicate; these include the five following senses:
· Vision that involves isolated images or symbols you see or it can be more detailed images of clairvoyance or remote viewing.
· Hearing, also known as clairaudience, involves hearing words or sounds in one ear and not the other. In the beginning it can simply be a buzzing in your ears. At first, this can be scary for those who are not familiar with it.
· Touch is a part of clairsentience, as it is a feeling intuition as physical body sensations.
· Smell, or clairsalience, can also give psychic information whether simple or complex.
· Taste, although far less common than the other methods, is called clairgustance and it has been known for some psychics to get a taste in their mouths when interpreting psychic information.
· Lastly, this isn’t part of the five senses but an important clair. Have you ever just known that something was going to happen, without knowing why? You were probably experiencing claircognizance. The name of this psychic sense is usually accepted under other guises – such as ‘mother’s intuition’.
There are many ways you can practice using your intuition. Some are listed below:
Traffic: If you live in a city with frequent traffic reports try to guess which roads are bad and why. This works even better if you have two routes to get home, each with an equal chance of having delays. You can guess which roads to use to get home faster, and then check Google Maps. (It is not helpful if one road is always bad, because then logic takes over.)
Shopping: Without checking the internet try to guess what you are going to pay for something and where the best place to buy it is. Afterwards check out the facts.
Parking: Try to let your intuition guide you to the best parking space. This is particularly useful during the holiday season.
Telephone: See if you know it on the telephone before you look at the caller ID.
Sports: Without knowing anything about the game or the teams try to guess who will win and what the scores will be. Then check out the results.
The trick is to find something you care about, or something you cannot know for sure based on past knowledge and experience and you can get feedback on. Then pay attention to the difference in feelings between that which proved to be right and that which proved to be wrong. Take notice if you have ignored your intuition and see if you later regret not acting upon it, be aware of how that information came to you so that next time it happens, you do not ignore it.
Learn to listen to feedback from your body on the psychic hits you get. One of the best psychic development techniques is learning to tell when you are getting information that is right or wrong.
One of the best things you can do when working on your development is to work on your own psychological baggage; I cannot emphasize this enough! All information is accessed and processed through the unconscious mind. If you have issues and you do not want to look at them, you will find that the psychic information you receive will be distorted. It is easier to receive clear information with a clear mind and heart.
The more you trust your intuition, the more information you will receive. This ‘knowing’ will become more and more definite and you will want to pass this information on. If you believe you have information for someone, be ethical. Always get a person's permission before you give out information.
I’ll repeat it because it is so important, be ethical, be considerate. Always get a person's permission before you give out information. Honesty is the best policy in this line of work. Don’t make things up or embellish. Personally, I operate from a place of trust and coordination by spirit. If a message is meant for someone, spirit will find a way to connect us, so that I can deliver those messages. Some people may politely say yes to receiving a message, but not be ready for it. With great power comes great responsibility.
Key points to remember:
1. People having an initial psychic opening often start their conversations with lines like you are going to think I am crazy but or you are never going to believe me but. The mere fact that you doubt your own sanity is a reassuring sign that you are still in touch with reality, you are simply trying to figure it out.
2. The hard thing you need to learn is what not to say. You can receive a lot of information that is better left unsaid. This is probably the most difficult thing to learn, because it requires good judgment which sometimes only comes with time and practice. CLICK HERE To See Psychic Code of Ethics
3. When you first start receiving information or seeing spirit it is very hard to switch it off, however, this is something you must do. It is common when you first start to open up as a psychic, that you will see colors, images, or faces at night. This is partly because of the normal shift in consciousness that occurs as you fall to sleep or are waking as it increases the ability to sense things. To some extent, this is normal. Remember you are in control. If it is uncomfortable, set boundaries. For example, I have set a rule that no spirit is allowed in my bedroom. That is my place of sleep and recharge. You can tell Spirit you are not ready to see them yet.
4. As you begin to trust your intuition and the information you receive you will find it hard to switch off. Turning off your psychic gift is something you have to do or you will suffer from information overload. Again, you are in control. Imagine a switch next to your third eye and you turning it off when you are done doing the work. Alternatively, imagine your sensitivity to psychic information as a number on a control screen in your mind. Then visualize that number going down, decreasing until you are no longer aware of psychic information. In the morning you can always reverse the process and return the number back to where it was before.
5. Journal your experiences. It is a fantastic way to track your development and get motivation on the days you are feeling like giving up when you can read about all of your successes.
Remember, everyone has days off and it is no different for psychics, you need to break away for a day to recharge your energy levels. Do journal, meditate, and chakra work. It is the best fundamental tools for your journey! For more guidance or if you’d like help on your development path please reach out to me.